Friday 21 March 2014

Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturising and Liz Earle Skin Tint Foundation Reviews

I'm really getting into trying out little tester posts of foundation now I've found the treasure trove available on ebay. Also while I was in Edinburgh, we came across a Debenhams which had a Bobbi Brown counter, and they were kind enough to do me a little sample tester pot too, of their Luminous Moisturising Foundation. She only gave me a tiny amount though, hence the small swatch!! The palest they offer is called Porcelain, as with a lot of pale shades, and here it is in the pot and on my hand:


This is fairly pale, but is more of a yellowy undertone than a pink one. It's also VERY thin and didn't seem to very buildable when I tried it on my cheek. Probably ok if you have few imperfections and have a more yellow base to your skin but for me, this was a no go. But it was free, so hurray!! Nothing lost!! The very orange lady on the counter told me this was the lightest possible colour across their ranges, but the fuller coverage foundations seem to get darker, even though they are still called "porcelain". Why is that!? Why can't it be thick AND pale?

I received a pot of Liz Earle Skin Tint today in the post, I think it was 2.99 on ebay, and in their lightest shade of "Bare 01". Here it is, again in the pot and on my hand.



This is a lot paler than the Bobbi Brown, and it's more pinkish too, so perfect for me. A really good shade. Again though it is very thin - hence "skin tint" rather than "foundation" I guess. I could wear this with moisturiser as just a light cover for popping to the shops (I cannot bare to be bare faced in public, even just in Tesco!!), but it wouldn't do well for coverage for me as a proper day-to-day foundation. It also seemed very very easy to rub off my hand - not a good sign for staying power, but I didn't do a full face trial with it as I knew just from the hand swatch that the coverage wasn't going to be right for me.

Thankfully though, it cost me next to nowt, and I'm now two more foundations down in the quest for the "perfect" one!!! For reference, I'm still using MAC NW15 at the moment, I just can't get enough of that, but I am mixing it with a little Nicola Roberts Dainty Doll shade 001 (pretty much white) just to take down the very slight orange tinge that it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment