Saturday 7 July 2012

New Make Up

This is more the domain of my sisters blog over at Beauty Zest *click* but I have recently invested in some new make up, with the upcoming nuptuals in mind, and I wanted to post a quick review of how they've been treating me.

Two Faced Primed and Poreless Pure Primer
This primer feels like silk when you put it on your face. It says its oil free, but it does feel a little greasy. Give it a couple of minutes to soak in and dry though, and your face will be beautifully soft. Not sure about "poreless" but I have very visible pores being so pale, so I wasn't expecting miracles! But I tried it under my foundation this morning, and the foundation went on so easily and evenly with very little effort. And it certainly evens out any lumps and bumps. A solid 9/10 for this primer!

Dainty Doll Satin Finish Liquid Foundation
I tried Dainty Doll when it first came out a few years ago, it was in a little compact, and it was RUBBISH. But since then I think the brand has come a long way, and I decided to give this liquid version a go as it was on offer. At 20 pounds its not the cheapest. But its designed specifically with pastey faced ladies in mind (its Nicola Roberts from Girls Alouds own brand). I bought it in number 002, Light. There was Very Light 001 but I think even for me, that would be ghostly white! Maybe good to mix with other foundations though. I tried 002 this morning and it is very pale, not very easy to apply and quite thin, but overall as a day to day foundation with a couple of coats and with a full face of make up on over the top, I think it would be a fairly decent base. It is definitely something I will put on around the house or to pop to the shops when I dont have time / motivation to put a full face on. Over all I would say a 6/10 and the colour is fantastic if you are almost pure white like me!!

Christian Dior Sculpt Foundation
Oh how I wish this were cheaper so I could wear it every day / take a bath in it! At first I was worried about the colour. Again, I have it in the lightest shade but with just this foundation on my face, it was quite yellow. I teamed it with NARS loose powder in "Snow" and it looked absolutely amazing! Flawless, even, and for my skin, that is a massive achievement. It covered all my freckles, the redness around my nose, the bags under my eyes, and even around the mouth it didnt seem to go darker (which for some reason most do, maybe I have a bit of a moustache going on?!). At the hairline it was very difficult to blend and did go a bit orangey so thats probably its only fault. Well that and the 34 quid price tag!! Oh but its so worth it, I wish I could afford to use this every day, its absolutely perfect and I cannot recommend it highly enough! This will be the make up I wear on my wedding day, how exciting!! For the hairline issue I am going to give it 9.5/10 but if you spend time blending with powder then its easily 10/10!!

No comments:

Post a Comment