Saturday 14 December 2013

Alphy and Becs Solid Perfume

Two things put me on to the notion of solid perfume, the first being the ability to take it in a carry on bag on a plane (because it's not liquid, and therefore unlikely to leak, meets security requirements, and isn't in a glass bottle that is likely to break). I saw it on someone's blog about travelling light, but I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it, so sorry if that was you!! Secondly I have recently found that my nose has become extra sensitive to sprays, and after spraying perfume, I'd find myself sneezing constantly for a good 10-15 minutes. I think this is since having an allergic reaction to a Glade Sense and Spray fragrance. Boo.

Having never really heard of solid perfume before, I had a quick look on eBay to see what was around, and I found this gorgeous fragrance from Alphy and Becs that smells exactly like Parma Violet sweeties :)

Photos taken by me


I just put a little bit on my finger and then mix between my wrists and a bit on my neck. It has lasted me all day whereas even with the more expensive perfumes I'd find myself not being able to smell them any more, or them fading quite quickly. And for only a fiver, it comes in such a cute little pot, in a little organza bag, that would be perfect to give as a gift!

I do adore my Britney Spears perfumes though so I am looking into possibly making my own solid fragrances, that are a bit more portable than carting around the full spray bottle and will probably be longer lasting (and also don't make me sneeze quite so much!)


No comments:

Post a Comment