Thursday 12 December 2013

Decluttering

I'm very guilty of just living in the future. I always find myself saying "I'll do that tomorrow" or "life will be so much better when..." and I end up wishing away my days, when really, there's no reason that I can't just make the now better. Ok, it may be that I don't live in my perfect dream house right now or have the money to go here and there travelling when I want to, but there are things I can do to make my living space more homely - and more me - and cheaper days out and trips I can take for now.

For example I am continually pinning craft ideas and home decor ideas on Pinterest, and I've given a few of them a go, but most of them I have filed firmly under "For The Future". Living in a rented flat doesn't really lend itself to big projects, but I've decided that rather than just making do with the place as it is because I tend to move out eventually (in many, many years time no doubt) I should try and improve it as best I can.

The main issue at the moment is space. We are very limited in space. And that's largely my fault... but moving swiftly on, what I really need to do is declutter. Big style. I have so much JUNK that I have literally no idea what to do with (or where to put).

I found a series on decluttering on Pinterest which breaks it down in to small manageable chunks rather than the mammoth task of decluttering your house all in one go. It seems simple and, more importantly, achievable. Head over to the "From Overwhelmed to Organized" blog where the lovely! Hilda talks you through it all!

http://fromoverwhelmedtoorganized.blogspot.ca/2013/10/day-1-sock-drawer-31-days-of-easy.html

I'm going to give this a go, but it may be that rather than doing it every single day, I may save a few for the weekend (I can't possibly give up all my lazy time in the evenings after work!) and get a few done all in one go. But, tomorrow, I will be tackling our sock drawers with a vengeance!!

After decluttering and reclaiming space (and serenity!) I have a few projects in mind that I hope to be able to come to in the very near future!

1 comment:

  1. Happy decluttering Vikki! Glad you found my series and I hope it helps. Let me know if you need any other tips or ideas :)
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete