Friday 4 January 2013

30 Day Shred - Day 10

Technically its Day 12, in that I have done the shred 12 times now, but they haven't been consecutive, and I also took a 5 day break over Christmas. So I decided to step it back by two days, to try and counteract that little break. Getting back into it after Christmas was SO difficult. Skipping one day is fine but skipping five? I felt like I had lost all the stamina I had gained. I started back with Level 2 and had to go back to Level 1 for a couple of days. Yesterday I tried Level 3 for the first time, and it is most definitely a "difficulty spike"! The plyometric movements are really difficult, especially the pop squat (in a plie position, squat down, and jump up and then back down into a squat). My arms and abs hurt more than they ever have on any of the other Levels. But I did also do two days consecutively, so that may well be the problem too!! I think I will stick with Level 2 for a few more days :)

Today is my 3rd consecutive day, and I'm going to go for Level 2 with a few moves from Level 3 (because the abs ones are clearly very good by the state of my belly today). I personally haven't noticed a difference in the way I look, but I definitely have in my stamina and ability to do the exercises - especially push ups. My husband has said that my thighs do look a little thinner though - probably the best I can hope for after Day 9 (11!)

Hopefully if I keep on going I will start to see some more drastic results. And be happy to post some after pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment