Wednesday 15 January 2014

Bookcase Railing DIY

We had a horrible rickety and rusted hand-me-down black metal clothes rail in our bedroom pretty much since we moved in. After seeing a few posts on Pinterest about DIY storage rails, I thought I'd give it a go!

I purchased two bookcases from Littlewoods in the sale, which were only £20 each. I then got a couple of screw-in railings from Amazon. I had thought about cheap tension rods, but as the bookcases are separate, I figured it might not really hold well and it'd come crashing down in the middle of the night :)

Using a bradawl I made pilot holes, which was very easy as it was just chipboard covered with a veneer. I screwed in the railings and voila :) easy peasy! Now we have loads more hanging space, and extra bookcase space too (for my husband's never ending comic book fetish). Sorry about the bad quality photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment